Sign in to follow this  
Bartok

Undying Scroll (60% HP)

I think honestly with the way that PvP goes on this server it wouldn't be a bad idea to have undying scroll in game. As it stands right now in clan war. You can have your entire party one shot by a mage party if you don't time the complete party heals from multiple priests perfectly. This essentially leads to your party surviving half the time from luck, as you might only just barely get off a heal in time. Most top melee clans are going into clan war with 2-3 priests, 2 full party heals/debuffer, and 1 full party cure. Or 1 full party healer and 1 full party cc. Even with two complete healers, you can still easily get one shot by a mage party coming from the side and dropping novas on you. Now add cz into the mix with events, and you can end up with 4 full mage parties all dropping novas on you and there's nothing you can do but run. 

It's not really rewarding in PvP if there's no counterplay for melee / priest parties. You can still try your best to sneak in from the side and take them out but again it's luck depending on if their whole mage party switches targeting to yours. And considering that alot of the elemental dmg items were never meant to be in the game for myko (wreath of erenion staffs, flame rings, offense stone +1, Ring of felankor which is basically the new rings). It means that mages are currently overtuned. The max elemental dmg that people were supposed to have on this patch is around 64 which is a +8 staff. As it stands right now you have mages pking in full parties with over 160 flame damage. These items were meant for when there was a higher level cap. so they were tuned a bit more since with more stat and skill points you had more options as a priest, warrior, or assasin when it came to your build. Yes there are other items in the game that aren't supposed to be there also, but compare them to what a priest gets compared to the extra hundred elemental dmg that mages get. Legionaires are not all that different from RoL's and you have to sacrifice defense to wear them. Lilime's are not all that different from cleric earrings, just maybe a little bit better. And that's all while keeping our health pools and resistances relatively the same as if we were using those other items. 

If you guys aren't willing to nerf their damage, then the only way to counter them is by allowing players to have more hp. Undying scrolls would allow for this. Extended PvP and counterplay in KoL is what makes the game fun. No one likes to die immediately in cz and then have to run all the way back to bowl to have another fight, and then die again before they even get to fight. Also I think that undying scrolls would allow for a bit more variety in builds on the server. Right now it seems that every class has a cookie cutter build that you can't deviate even a little from because it means you are sacrificing too much to make it work. Swapping items in pk and having a few different builds that you can go should all be part of the kol experience. I have 233 flame resist on my priest and 6.6k hp when fully buffed and it still isn't enough to deal with mages. Aside from getting +8 gear, and +1 uniques, which won't honestly do all that much, there's nothing I can do to improve my chances. That would have been a pretty beastly build back in the day, but as things stand there's literally nothing you can do if you're getting one shot. 

I'd really like to hear some discussion on this topic to see what people think. 

Seems like a good idea to me but trust me it will make geared players even tanker , Some people goes to CSW / Clan wars with HP build as warriors which means they got 7500 - 8000 HP with 2k scroll , This undying scroll will make them reach 12-13k easy which means even without healer they can wipe a whole mages pt alone with just torment while mages will have what 6k hp with the undy sc max even less , and 72 cap is all about dying fast in PVP unless u got 3 priests setup and skilled descent warriors , Anyway basically you can tank a mages pt with 2 healers and even one if u could kill 2 - 3 mages before they hit second nova or u have a mage to cancel them once , I like the idea tho but trust me from my view it will make geared people way stronger than 70% of the players .

it will make geared people even more powerful and warriors will be op.full warrior tryhard parties already too strong.

mages are main problem.basically damage is too much.even if you have perfect healing timing 6-7 mages with minimum 1k damage will kill you instantly.i can count 8 mage clans in server atm and its too much for current situation.people still keep rerolling to mage just look trade channels.even melees just gets boored and they login their mages because even with beginner items you can hit 1k with nova.also its too easy to access uniqs and talias etc so they become tanky.

10 mage party pk can seem like fun now.but when online numbers starts to decrease and you cant find melees to hit easily  most of them wont turn back to other classes instead they will leave server.so to stop more people to going mage admins need to do something.my suggestion is nerf the mage damages or add flame resist to armors

On 5/27/2020 at 3:44 AM, Camel said:

Seems like a good idea to me but trust me it will make geared players even tanker , Some people goes to CSW / Clan wars with HP build as warriors which means they got 7500 - 8000 HP with 2k scroll , This undying scroll will make them reach 12-13k easy which means even without healer they can wipe a whole mages pt alone with just torment while mages will have what 6k hp with the undy sc max even less , and 72 cap is all about dying fast in PVP unless u got 3 priests setup and skilled descent warriors , Anyway basically you can tank a mages pt with 2 healers and even one if u could kill 2 - 3 mages before they hit second nova or u have a mage to cancel them once , I like the idea tho but trust me from my view it will make geared people way stronger than 70% of the players .

I think your math might be a little bit wrong on that one. If they only got 8k hp with the 2k scroll than the max they would have is like 10k. And warriors that go for hp aren't as big of a threat since they don't do as much damage, especially on this patch where they are limited with the skills they have access to. It would become more about skill and how you play at that point. Not to mention there isn't really all that much HP armour for warriors at the moment, which is also what I see as part of the problem on this server. There's not alot of build variety.

Mage parties can coordinate and tp away from other parties. But priests can't really do much when when a full party is dropping over 10-12k in dmg in less than 2 seconds, especially if you already engaged with another party in clan war and they come at you from out of nowhere. At any rate, having the undy scrolls would also make mages tankier also so there would be some balance to that since they all use hp armour anyways. I really don't see them nerfing mages since that would cause alot of people to quit. So the only other option is to balance it out by giving people more hp. Again, prolonged pvp and counterplay is really what makes this game fun, and I still think mage parties will get kills. But as it stands right now, it's just completely unfair how  buffed they are for the current patch. 

your math is wrong.you dont consider undy sets thats when warriors get 12k hp.and undy sc will only benefit warriors which doesnt need any buff.mages,rogues need around 4k base hp to choose undy sc over 2k hp sc

HP built warriors with sundries resistance potions can already tank out mage party with a properly timed heals. By adding undy scrolls everyone could could easily outtank everything with 3 priests. It would make a PK way to slow paced, and probably causing mages to quit the server. If the mage party times the meteors perfectly now at least they get kills, with undy scrolls not only mages become obsolete, but it would turn the server into a warrior server. It would just not be possible to win against a warrior melle setup in the current 72 cap. Now at least it requires some dodging and smart pvp tactics. 5 warriors + 3 priests party setup is already a monster setup with 2k scrolls as it is right now. that is exactly why we don't want to add this. Usko has this on 83 cap servers with undefeatable, UTC weapons, with max upgrade unlocked to +10. And if you take a look at some usko pk videos, you can see how long the fights are lasting with undying scrolls. It becomes rather boring. I don't think the general player base would favor that kind of scrolls, hence we won't add them.

Best