Sign in to follow this  
Bartok

Weapon Defence Items, shields, and armour in general.

I am new to the server, but I had a question regarding the weapon defence armours that are usually within Knight Online. From my past experiences playing, there seem to be some differences on this server than what the game was actually like back in the day. Mobs you would kill would occasionally drop random weapon defence armours and shields. These would be the rare items that you would get. For a +6 item it would usually be +25 weapon defence, or for a shield it would be +48 weapon defence. I have only seen +3 and +6 paper armours on this server, and the +6 ones are of the wrong value +18 instead of +25 which is what they are supposed to be. Also, there doesn't appear to be any Full Plate Armour with weapon defence in this server. The shields also appear to be missing. 

Having these items in the game was an essential part of pvp for priests and mages and all other classes from back in the day. If you couldn't afford a chitin shield or Iron belt and Iron necklace or one of the other weapon defence uniques, you would rely on these items and have to swap out mid fight in order to survive while fighting against different classes. It also made the game incredibly fun for int priests because if you were really good you could swap out mid fight and start tanking hits, instead of relying on heals alone. 

Now I don't really know how the weapon defence stats worked back in the day, but it was equivalent to a percentage of the damage based on the actual weapon defence you had. I know back in the day that the game would only register the weapon defence armour by sets of 10. So if you threw on a 48 arrow defence shield you would actually only get 40% reduction, etc. I'm not sure if you have fixed this on this server, since using an 18 weapon defence help for BP would usually only be 10 weapon defence against daggers. I'm also pretty sure that there must have been diminishing returns involved with these armours. Because if you wore a chitin shield, and then also used boots and gloves and helmet of 20% spear defence each, you would still take damage from the other players using spear weapons. 

My question I guess is have you made a decision to remove these items from this server completely? Why are they only available for paper builds thus far? It was a huge part of pvp for priests and mages back in the day to avoid getting one shot by an invisible rogue party, or a group of warriors, and it made the game a lot more fun to swap out mid fight between different shields, weapons, and armour in order to survive more. Also I just wanted to say that by having these items in game it allowed more variety in terms of the builds that you could do on these classes. For instance you could do plate battle priests, or FP builds on mages and priests, you could do FP Rogue builds, etc. By not including these items it seems that you are limiting the options available to us in pvp and I'm hoping that we can get some discussion on this topic.

Also if you could clarify what the new chitin sets do, or have as bonuses, that would also be greatly appreciated as I haven't seen a post about these different types of armours yet. 

Thanks,

Bartok

Had a nice chat with Bartok, I believe the questions got answered. Everything is pretty much here, just the way of obtaining it is unique.

Closed