Sign in to follow this  
chikillo

Essence of the bowl exchange suggestion

hope this get bumped, but since youre farming 2000 essences of this things and takes that long time i suggest to you guys take out some useless drops that doesnt help at all the gamble game ( yes i know its a gamble but having this will discourage ppl to keep playing in here)

-Lobo staff +6

-Lupus staff +6

-Oasis staff +6

-Glacier Erenion +6

-Chaotic staff+6 (mmmm since the ap of the staffs doesnt really affect the damage..)

This items are useless (maybe for some players not but for the big amount yes).  If u like them to be used by support mages, just increase the drop rate on their bosses and let the ppl upgrade them that way.

Since the azazels release its almost 1 month, and after all this time farming  ( not specifically done the entire time but...) a clannie got this crap from the essences. and guess what  it does worth 1GB gratz!!!  

u can replace this items with something like mmm lets see at least a platinum bar and a paladium bar?. that encourages ppl. even that drop ( which isnt an unique or at least is not the best of them) is way much better than the staffs

Thanks for the attention and your beloves support

Enjoy the game  😉

this is not gem gamble, farming 2000 of these takes weeks. rewards shouldnt contain some of the most useless items in game just because they are uniqe. i agree

Bro you mentioning good items tbh , i got enion bow +6 from my essence which worth NOTHING , i mean it's just gambling but yea probably need to boost the good items a bit more but the other items should just stay .

Keeping support staffs from 2000 essences seem pretty silly, support mages all use shield anyway, and they just slow you past magic shield half the time without using a staff

Also death match cross doesnt even have a mage weapon reward,  cuz the only 3 good mage weapons are lycaon and fire/lighting erenion 

Farming for 20 + hours and getting a 1 GB item is pretty damn punishing

3 minutes ago, Camel said:

Bro you mentioning good items tbh , i got enion bow +6 from my essence which worth NOTHING , i mean it's just gambling but yea probably need to boost the good items a bit more but the other items should just stay .

the enion bow its at least 3gb i guess...  those staffs are  really nothing. u see the support mages using shields here and clubs  or swords xD 

I think if you want to keep the exchange drops the same at least make the Azazel essence trade able

As mentioned once it was released, the amount of effort and time you have to put into farming 2k essence, you could put into farming Death Mare and get 95% of the items on the essence exchange list and you can choose whatever you want aka no risk of getting a staff +6 or even a golden crimson robe +6!

Only worthy items on the essence list to get that are worth 2k essence (Farming time wise) might be old IN/ IN/ Glass belt/Chitin shield/Iron belt, but what would be the exchange rate of those items? probably 1% if not less.

40 minutes ago, xPooksie said:

I think if you want to keep the exchange drops the same at least make the Azazel essence trade able

As mentioned once it was released, the amount of effort and time you have to put into farming 2k essence, you could put into farming Death Mare and get 95% of the items on the essence exchange list and you can choose whatever you want aka no risk of getting a staff +6 or even a golden crimson robe +6!

Only worthy items on the essence list to get that are worth 2k essence (Farming time wise) might be old IN/ IN/ Glass belt/Chitin shield/Iron belt, but what would be the exchange rate of those items? probably 1% if not less.

I think this would be a mistake to be honest. With clans of 30 ppl that means they could farm for a week and trade all of them to one person and then there would be way to many people running around with chitin shields iron necks and belts within 2 months. It would discourage new players because there isn't a lot of weapon defence items within the game as it is. On old servers the way these people competed was by using full plate weapon defence armours and rare shields so that they could survive in CZ. The GM's have made it clear that they don't want to see too many weapon defence armours in the game in order to balance PvP. If you start injecting a bunch of Chitin Shields, Iron Necks, and Iron Belts into the game without the rest of the weapon defence stuff it just means that people joining are going to be further behind from everyone else that started at the beginning of the server.  

I think the idea behind these essence of bowl was to initially get people to stay in bowl and PvP. We should be focusing on increasing PvP in the bowl so that people aren't running around for 10 mins in CZ trying to find parties to pk with. However the way I see it is this. You have a few options, either make being in the bowl more enticing, rather then everyone running around trying to kill all the farmers in CZ. For this to happen it means you probably want to either spawn a guaranteed boss in bowl every 10 minutes. Or make it so that you don't need a full party to farm the essence of bowls. You either need to make it so that Azazel are weaker and can be farmed solo or with 2 people. Or make them drop more essence for completing the kill quest on them. It doesn't make sense that if you kill 8 of them in a full party you only get 2 essence. Maybe make it like 5 x essence so that people actually want to stay and farm them. In my experience running around bowl, people are only farming them when the bowl is dead and there is practically no pvp going on. This shouldn't be the case. People should go to the bowl and be just as willing to kill an Azazel as they are to kill another person. However this posses another problem. If more people start getting more essence then again there will be an injection of items in the game.

You could either have Azazel drop more essence of bowl but spawn less frequently so that when people see it they want to kill it quick then go back to pvp. That might work, since people that are in farming mentality don't always want to pvp and people that are pking don't really want to farm. But if you made them drop alot of essence of bowl and then they just spawn less frequently it would mean people would have to run around the bowl to search for them. You could do the same with holy land, keep the azazel inside the bowl. I literally have no idea why you made them on the sides of the bases for people to farm, holy land has the best bowl for pvp in the game, its the most fun with obstacles to run around and platforms to climb, and more entrances to enter. Yet no one is ever in there during holy land because they are either farming or raiding the farming spots. Put the azazels inside the bowl to keep them there, but only if you make the change where they drop way more essence and spawn less frequently.

The only other real solution I see is to change the drops on the essence of bowl to make people happy. Might I suggest getting rid of the items that are not like end game items for people? A DoL +6 is like 2 GB in merchant. It's a decent item, but it's hardly an endgame item, maybe making it +7 instead? I'd suggest looking at people with full builds to see what they have and try to substitute in some of those items for the weaker ones. For instance you could replace the crappy staffs and DoL and Enion Bow with Legionaire Bands, Hero's Valour, and the Lilime, Howling Rooster, Minotaurs, LKP Earrings. Those are items that are currently only available through gems and people would probably be alright with getting one from essence of bowl, especially since if they are farming these essence they are probably trying to make +1's anyways. 

People should feel rewarded for spending this amount of time farming these essence. Especially if the requirement is that you need 2k and it takes weeks to farm. But this is not the reason why you made these. You didn't make them for people to farm for weeks just to get a crappy drop. It's supposed to get people in the bowl to encourage PvP. When it says across the top of the screen that the chaos stone has spawned, everyone rushes to the bowl to try and kill it and there's pvp and then everyone races to try and kill the bosses. That's what these Azazel's should be like in my opinion, everyone racing to them to try and kill and fight over them because they drop so much essence its worth everyone in you party dying to try and get one. 

Anyways that's my two cents on the matter.

Heya guys, totally understand your perspectives, however the "not so pleasing" drops have to be there, because for each winner, there has to be multiple losers, if everyone wins, the economy breaks.  The whole point of Essence being non-tradable is to prevent abuse on this gamble system (this will stay non-tradable, non negotiable), because the items it may drop, are very elite and rare, and some very hard to come by, but there are systems in place to ensure team work is rewarded, such as repeatable quests for additional essences. I will of course have a discussion with Sheldon if there is still something we could do about improving the exchange system, however we have bigger plans for Azazel farming in general.

SPOILER: We are hopefully pushing out a new patch in the next week, to expand farming on Azazels in general, we are working on  Exceptional weapons patch, which will only drop from Azazels. This means you will automatically be co-farming Essences + farming for exc. weapons, trinas, silver bars & gold chests in general.

Secondly I would like to point out, we have scheduled a collection race on Tuesday at 10 PM server time. If you sucessfully complete the Azazel CR in 45 minutes, you will be rewarded with 200x Essence of bowl.

Thirdly, our plan is to gradually bring Essence of bowl rewards to events. After next restart, BDW winners will receive 30x Essence of bowl, while BDW losers will receive 10x Essence of bowl. Trust me, it will start stacking up pretty fast.

When we introduce the exceptional weapon content, the entire farming aspect on Azazels will of course shift for the better, however we cannot in our good consciousness set the Essence gambling in a way where everyone would walk out a winner, as much as it would be deserved 🙂 Essence gamble is after all a gamble, set in a matter of high risk, high reward, but up to the user itself, if they want to tackle their luck. So the least we can do is ensure multiple (and sometimes easier) ways to obtain more essences, to try your luck and actually present you an additional content for you to take advantage of (exceptional weapons)

PS: I wanted to have exc. weapons patch ready last week already, but due to exams starting I have been swamped with other things currently. I wanted it to be a surprise patch, but since this topic has been opened I can def. inform you that exc. weapons are coming, and they will be farmable on Azazels only.So not to worry, we will certainly keep working in a matter to make this more beneficial to you as a players.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flash said:

Heya guys, totally understand your perspectives, however the "not so pleasing" drops have to be there, because for each winner, there has to be multiple losers, if everyone wins, the economy breaks.  The whole point of Essence being non-tradable is to prevent abuse on this gamble system (this will stay, non negotiable), because the items it may drop, are very elite and rare, and some very hard to come by, but there are systems in place to ensure team work is rewarded, such as repeatable quests for additional essences. I will of course have a discussion with Sheldon if there is still something we could do about improving the exchange system, however we have bigger plans for Azazel farming in general.

SPOILER: We are hopefully pushing out a new patch in the next week, to expand farming on Azazels in general, we are working on  Exceptional weapons patch, which will only drop from Azazels. This means you will automatically be co-farming Essences + farming for exc. weapons, trinas, silver bars & gold chests in general.

Secondly I would like to point out, we have scheduled a collection race on Tuesday at 10 PM server time. If you sucessfully complete the Azazel CR in 45 minutes, you will be rewarded with 200x Essence of bowl.

Thirdly, our plan is to gradually bring Essence of bowl rewards to events. After next restart, BDW winners will receive 30x Essence of bowl, while BDW losers will receive 10x Essence of bowl. Trust me, it will start stacking up pretty fast.

When we introduce the exceptional weapon content, the entire farming aspect on Azazels will of course shift for the better, however we cannot in our good consciousness set the Essence gambling in a way where everyone would walk out a winner, as much as it would be deserved 🙂 Essence gamble is after all a gamble, set in a matter of high risk, high reward, but up to the user itself, if they want to tackle their luck. So the least we can do is ensure multiple (and sometimes easier) ways to obtain more essences, to try your luck and actually present you an additional content for you to take advantage of (exceptional weapons)

PS: I wanted to have exc. weapons patch ready last week already, but due to exams starting I have been swamped with other things currently. I wanted it to be a surprise patch, but since this topic has been opened I can def. inform you that exc. weapons are coming, and they will be farmable on Azazels only.So not to worry, we will certainly keep working in a matter to make this more beneficial to you as a players.

Thanks to be water clear and no just politely say 

SheldonCooperToday at 8:26 AM

feel free to open a forum topic under suggestions if there will be enough feedback we will change it

the fact that most of the stuff in chaotic is gamble its understable, ofc i can farm an hour os so for a gold bar and gamble that on the knights medal, and im pretty sure i wont be mad at shitty drops as i didnt spend 1 month farming that gold bar. but this esssencees took a lot of time for your players to be collected, Dinasaur just got the half way cutted by winning a contest,  so he doesnt really feel the pain of that. i myself got a old rol and felt bad for a wile but... lupus staff and saying:

> because the lobo and those staffs are good for mages, especially supportpaper HP  built ones
@SheldonCooper#1299 

is not a propper answer either since is a fact that none of the mage in this server really want to have that build. come on, all the mages uses shields in here...

im just saying as u spend a lot of hours developing things for us, we do spend a lot of hours farming something like 2000 essences  the minimoun i espect from that is a good unique that at least i can sell... anyways at least youre clear and u say from the begining that this isnt negotiable... the Owner says open a topic and leave me alone here...

I've had a talk with Flash. And we have reworked few rewards, removed most of staffs, enion bow. Added Juraid earrings and tad increased rate on HB, CHD and old iron belt.